Christ Blessing Children Brought by their Mothers
Four-light window, with plain glass above the figures. The backgrounds to the figures have been removed.
firm/studio: John Hardman & Co.
St Woolos Cathedral, Newport
west wall of north aisle
The window was formerly located towards the east end of the north aisle, according to the history of the church by W.N. Johns, who provided a date for the window.
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 17-08-2020
For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:
This work is indexed under the following main subject(s):Click here for other works at this siteClick here for other works connected to John Hardman & Co.References
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.
John Newman, The Buildings of Wales: Gwent/Monmouthshire (London/Cardiff: 2000), p. 427.
W. N. Johns, History of the Church of S. Gwynllyw, Newport (W.N. Johns, 1891), p. 118.
Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2020. View this object on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database
http://stainedglass.llgc.org.uk/object/405 (accessed 6 May 2021)
Photo © Martin Crampin