Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Christ Blessing Children Brought by their Mothers

  Christ Blessing Children Brought by their Mothers

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

1888

Three-light window.

size: 43 cm (width of each light)
firm/studio: Burlison & Grylls

Church of St Catwg, Llangattock, Powys
north wall of the north aisle

Given in memory of Adelaide Maria Saville by her sister Augusta Miles in 1888.

The design was closely interpreted in a later work by the firm at Prestatyn in 1927.





 
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 26-02-2018

 

For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

Christ Blessing Children Brought by their MothersChrist Blessing Children Brought by their MothersChrist Blessing Children Brought by their Mothers

This work is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.

Show more subjects

Click here for other works at this site
Click here for other works connected to Burlison & Grylls

Further reading

Martin Crampin, Stained Glass from Welsh Churches (Talybont: Y Lolfa, 2014), p. 221.


 

Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2018.
http://stainedglass.llgc.org.uk/object/3995 (accessed 24 October 2021)



View this object on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database

 

  Christ Blessing Children Brought by their Mothers

Photo © Martin Crampin



 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2021 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2021