Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Various Fragments

  Various Fragments

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

fragments from about 1500, with further work from the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries

Various fragments collected in the upper part of a four-light window.



Church of All Saints, Gresford, Wrexham
north wall of the Lady Chapel (window number: nIV)





 
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 27-04-2018

 

For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

Various FragmentsAngels with Inscription: Various FragmentsAngel with Chalice and Host and Female Saint: Various FragmentsTracery Figure: Various FragmentsVarious FragmentsAngels: Various FragmentsTwo Heads: Various FragmentsVarious FragmentsVarious Fragments
For other artworks containing these subjects please click on the links below:

Click here for other works at this site

Further reading

Martin Crampin, Stained Glass from Welsh Churches (Talybont: Y Lolfa, 2014), p. 32.

Mostyn Lewis, Stained Glass in North Wales up to 1850 (Altrincham: John Sherratt and Son Ltd, 1970), pp. 7, 39-40.

References

Edward Hubbard, The Buildings of Wales: Clwyd (Harmondsworth/Cardiff: Penguin/University of Wales Press, 1986), p. 171.


 

Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2018.
http://stainedglass.llgc.org.uk/object/3733 (accessed 25 October 2021)


 

  Various Fragments

Photo © Martin Crampin



 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2021 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2021