Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

St Gregory and St Gertrude

  St Gregory and St Gertrude

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

1932

Two-light window with standing figures.

size: 46 cm (width of each light)
firm/studio: Harry Clarke Stained Glass Ltd
designer: Richard King

Church of St David, Pantasaph, Flintshire
west end of the south aisle

Given in memory of Gregory and Gertrude, children of John and Emma Rathe.

Ruth Sheehy has attributed the design to Richard King.





 
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 19-11-2020

 

For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

St Gregory: St Gregory and St GertrudeSt Gregory and St GertrudeSt Gertrude: St Gregory and St GertrudeUnicorn: St Gregory and St Gertrude

This work is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.


Click here for other works at this site
Click here for other works connected to Harry Clarke Stained Glass Ltd
Click here for other works connected to Richard King

References

Martin Crampin, Stained Glass from Welsh Churches (Talybont: Y Lolfa, 2014), p. 238.

Edward Hubbard, The Buildings of Wales: Clwyd (Harmondsworth/Cardiff: Penguin/University of Wales Press, 1986), p. 414.

Malcolm Seaborne, Victorian and Later Stained Glass Windows in Flintshire Churches (Mold: 1996), p. 6.

Ruth Sheehy, The Life and Work of Richard King: Religion, Nationalism and Modernism (Oxford: Peter Lang, 2020), p. 390.


 

User contributed comments

Order no 1722 from IE TCD MS6060 at the Manuscripts & Archives Research Library in the Library of Trinity College Dublin may refer to this window:
http://digitalcollections.tcd.ie/home/index.php?folder_id=2925&pidtopage=MS6060_112&entry_point=112
Submitted by: Marta Bustillo (2015-09-22 12:04:30)
Editor's response: thanks for this link. The details in the order book certainly fit the window.


Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2020.
http://stainedglass.llgc.org.uk/object/2037 (accessed 6 May 2021)


 

  St Gregory and St Gertrude

Photo © Martin Crampin



 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2021 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2021