John Nash (1752-1835)
Regency Architect. After an apprenticeship in London John Nash settled Carmarthen in 1785 where he developed an architectural practice, building and adapting public buildings, bridges, churches and private reidencies. Nash found patronage among the Welsh gentry, designing residences such as Castle House Aberystwyth for Uvedale Price (1790s), and at Hafod for Thomas Johnes. After a series of disputes with his clients Nash moved back to London, where he became one of the most succesful architects of the time and architect to Prince Regent.
Sites associated with this person
Search for further information about John Nash on Google
as architect: St Davids Cathedral
, St Davids , Pembrokeshire
as architect: Church of St Non
, Llanerchaeron , CeredigionThere are no works in the database associated with this person.Browse list of people in the databaseView this record on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database