Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

John Middleton (1820-1885)

Architect. Born in York, John Middleton's early work in the north east of England, working on buildings for the Stockton and Darlington Railway, was followed by a move to Cheltenham in 1859. As well as the design of Anglican churches, his firm was also responsible for the design of the Canterbury Building at the University in Lampeter. His son, John Henry Middleton, was a distinguished archaeologist and art historian. The firm, briefly in the hands of his son, continued as Prothero & Phillott.

Sites associated with this person
   as architect: Church of St Mary, Newport , Pembrokeshire
   as architect: Church of St Cynllo, Llangynllo , Ceredigion



There are no works in the database associated with this person.

Browse list of people in the database


View this record on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database

 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2017 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2017