Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

H. J. Salisbury (about 1891-1920)


Stained glass studio founded by Henry James Salisbury (1864-1916) based in St Albans with a showroom in Knightsbridge. The studio was particularly favoured by Wesleyan Methodist churches, and seems to have continued after the death of its founder. H.J. Salisbury's brother, Frank Salisbury (1874-1962), was a celebrated 'Methodist artist', and was apprenticed to him in the 1890s, before becoming a noted portrait artist and painter of biblical and historical subjects.




Search for further information about H. J. Salisbury on Google

Your search found 3 results
  Christ Blessing Children Brought by their Mothers Christ Blessing Children Brought by their Mothers
firm/studio: H. J. Salisbury
probably 1900s
Trinity Methodist Church, Penarth, Vale of Glamorgan
north wall of the north transept
  Christ Preaching under Solomon's Porch Christ Preaching under Solomon's Porch
firm/studio: H. J. Salisbury
probably 1900s
Trinity Methodist Church, Penarth, Vale of Glamorgan
south wall of the south transept
  The Ascension with the Four Evangelists The Ascension with the Four Evangelists
firm/studio: H. J. Salisbury
about 1903
Trinity Methodist Church, Penarth, Vale of Glamorgan
east wall of the chancel
Further reading

Joyce Little, Stained Glass Marks and Monograms (London: National Association of Decorative and Fine Art Societies, 2002), p. 107.





Browse list of people in the database


View this record on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database



 
Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies


Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin © 2011-2024