London firm founded by William Butler Simpson (1798-1882) producing painted tiles. As well as being commissioned by William Burges for work at Cardiff Castle, their hand-painted tiles may also be found at St Asaph Cathedral. They also provided many of the tiling schemes for the London Underground as well as hospitals and other public buildings, and continue to do so The firm also made mosaic, opus sectile and stained glass at their studio in St Martin's Lane. Among their designers was Lewis Foreman Day.
| Peter's Commission
firm/studio: W. B. Simpson & Sons
Church of St Peter, Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire
north wall of the nave (window number: nVI)