Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

John Loughborough Pearson (1817-1897)


Architect born in Brussels, but grew up and trained in Durham, before moving to London where he established himself. He worked principally on churches and cathedrals in the Gothic style, notably Truro Cathedral and the twin towers of Bristol Cathedral, as well as domestic architecture. His work in Wales includes St Theodore's, Port Talbot, where there is an example of his frequent collaboration with the stained glass firm Clayton and Bell. He is buried in Westminster Abbey.




Search for further information about John Loughborough Pearson on Google

Sites associated with this person
  as architect: Church of St Edmund, Crickhowell , Powys
  as architect: Church of St Mary the Virgin, Pembroke , Pembrokeshire
  as architect: Church of St Theodore, Port Talbot , Neath Port Talbot
  as architect: Church of St David, Caerau , Cardiff
  as architect: Church of St Tydfil, Merthyr Tydfil , Merthyr Tydfil
  as architect: Church of St Gastyn, Llangasty-Talyllyn , Powys
  as architect: Church of All Saints, Llanfrechfa , Monmouthshire



There are no works in the database associated with this person.
Further reading

Anthony Quiney, John Loughborough Pearson (New Haven and London: Yale University Press, 1979).





Browse list of people in the database


View this record on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database



 
Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies


Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin © 2011-2024