Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

W. D. Caröe (1857–1938)


Prominent church architect and designer of the Arts and Crafts Movement. William Douglas Caröe was a pupil of John Loughborough Pearson, and his firm, Caroe & Partners, was established in 1884. The firm has maintained a long association with St Davids Cathedral after he succeeded Oldrid Scott as Cathedral architect in 1907.




Search for further information about W. D. Caröe on Google

Sites associated with this person
  as architect: Church of St Mary, Llandovery , Carmarthenshire
  as architect: Church of St Mary, Brecon , Powys
  as architect: Church of St Chad, Hanmer , Wrexham
  as architect: Church of St Illtyd, Llantwit Major , Vale of Glamorgan
  as architect: Church of St Mary the Virgin, Haverfordwest , Pembrokeshire
  as architect: Church of the Holy Trinity, Newcastle Emlyn , Carmarthenshire
  as architect: Church of All Saints, Gresford , Wrexham
  as architect: Church of St David and St Cyfelach, Llangyfelach , Swansea
  as architect: Church of St Teilo, Bishopston , Swansea
  as architect: Cathedral Church of St John Evangelist, Brecon , Powys
  as architect: Church of St Michael, Cwmystwyth , Ceredigion
  as architect: Church of St Illtyd, Pembrey , Carmarthenshire
  as architect: Church of St David, Blaenporth , Ceredigion



There are no works in the database associated with this person.
Further reading

Jennifer M. Freeman, W.D. Caröe: his architectural achievement (Manchester: Manchester University Press, 1991).



References

Barrie Armstrong and Wendy Armstrong, The Arts and Crafts Movement in the North West of England: A Handbook (Wetherby: Oblong, 2005), p. 219.





Browse list of people in the database


View this record on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database



 
Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies


Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin © 2011-2024