Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Done & Davies (1859-1873)


Partnership of 'Glass Stainers, Painters and Glaziers' established in Shrewsbury by William Done (b. 1833) and John Davies, pupils of David Evans. They ended the partnership in April 1873, and continued to work independently, with William Done remaining at David Evans workshop on Wyle Cop, while John Davies moved to St Mary's Street, also in Shrewsbury.




Search for further information about Done & Davies on Google

Your search found 3 results
  Christ with the Four Evangelists and Prophets Christ with the Four Evangelists and Prophets
firm/studio: Done & Davies
about 1867
Church of St Collen, Llangollen, Denbighshire
east wall
  Decorative Window Decorative Window
firm/studio: Done & Davies
about 1868
Church of St Mary, Llanfair Caereinion, Powys
south wall of the nave
  Christ the Good Shepherd Christ the Good Shepherd
firm/studio: Done & Davies
probably about 1870
Church of St Erfyl, Llanerfyl, Powys
west wall of the nave
Further reading

Joyce Little, Stained Glass Marks and Monograms (London: National Association of Decorative and Fine Art Societies, 2002), p. 42.



References

Martin Harrison, Victorian Stained Glass (London: 1980), p. 75.





Browse list of people in the database


View this record on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database



 
Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies


Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin © 2011-2024