Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

T. F. Curtis (1845-1924)

Thomas Figgis Curtis took over the stained glass manufacturers Ward & Hughes in 1883 until his death in 1924. Curtis did some design work for the firm, although he used George Parlby as the firm's main designer. Parlby was also called upon to design for Cox & Son, a firm that was purchased by Curtis in 1893.

Further reading

Joyce Little, Stained Glass Marks and Monograms (London: National Association of Decorative and Fine Art Societies, 2002), pp. 36, 124.



Show signatures and maker's marks

Your search found 3 results.
  Scenes from the Life of Christ Scenes from the Life of Christ
firm/studio: Ward & Hughes
designer: T. F. Curtis
1888
Church of St Mary, Ruabon, Wrexham
west end of the south aisle
  The Good Wife The Good Wife
firm/studio: T.F. Curtis, Ward & Hughes
designer: T. F. Curtis
1896
Church of St Margaret, Bodelwyddan, Denbighshire
west end of the south aisle
  St Barnabas and St Paul St Barnabas and St Paul
firm/studio: T.F. Curtis, Ward & Hughes
designer: T. F. Curtis
1910
Church of St Margaret, Bodelwyddan, Denbighshire
west end of the north wall




Browse list of people in the database


View this record on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database

 
NEW BOOK: Stained Glass from Welsh Churches: by Martin Crampin

This fully illustrated hardback outlines the range and development of stained glass in Wales from the 14th century until today.

Order online at www.ylolfa.com
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2014 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2014