Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Musical Window with Landscape

  Musical Window with Landscape

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

about 1985

Two-light window. Left light: pipe organ. Right light: local landscape with depiction of the remains of the old church at Cwm yr Eglwys. Above both lights an interlace representing the Trinity. Running under both lights, bars of music.

size: 35 cm (width of each light) [approx]

Church of St Brynach, Dinas Cross, Pembrokeshire
south wall of the chancel

Given in memory of Ernest T. Williams, 1907-82, for 31 years organist and churchwarden.

Dismissed by The Buildings of Wales: Pembrokeshire as "brash Modernist".





 
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 13-12-2011

 

For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

Musical Window with Landscape

This work is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.


Click here for other works at this site
 

Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2011.
http://stainedglass.llgc.org.uk/object/770 (accessed 19 February 2020)


 

  Musical Window with Landscape

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales



 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2020 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2020