Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

South Transept Window

  South Transept Window

Photo © Richard Evans

larger image

second half of the nineteenth century

Three-light window with decorative roundels, including the Agnus Dei and Alpha and Omega.



Church of St Rhedyw, Llanllyfni, Gwynedd
south wall of the south transept (window number: sIII)

The window might date to the restoration of the church in 1879 (when the window tracery was added), or it could date to the 1890s, around the time that the stained glass in the east window was installed.


 
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 09-01-2024

 

This work is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.


Click here for other works at this site
 

Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2024.
https://stainedglass.delweddau.cymru/object/5255 (accessed 17 April 2024)



View this object on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database

 

  South Transept Window

Photo © Richard Evans



 
Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies


Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin © 2011-2024