Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

The Crucifixion and Resurrection

about 1870

Two-light window with two main scenes, and further scenes below of the Good Samaritan. and of the Supper at Emmaus.



Church of St Peter, Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire
north wall of the nave

The window is attributed to Heaton Butler & Bayne in The Buildings of Wales: Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion but is more likely to be by Joseph Bell & Son.

Given in memory of Maria Thomas, 1870.





 
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 21-11-2017

 

This work is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.

Show more subjects

Click here for other works at this site

References

Thomas Lloyd, Julian Orbach and Robert Scourfield, The Buildings of Wales: Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion (London: Yale University Press, 2006), p. 130.


 

Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2017.
http://stainedglass.llgc.org.uk/object/4896 (accessed 20 April 2018)



 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2018 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2018