Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

St Illtud

  St Illtud

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

1967

Single-light window with standing figure of Illtud as a hunter, with the former Church of St Illtyd, Llanhilleth, behind him, and images of local industries below.


firm/studio: J. Wippell & Co. Ltd

Christ Church, Aberbeeg, Caerphilly
west wall of the north aisle

Signed and dated by the studio.

Given in memory of Harry, Lousia [sic] and Dorothy Kibby.


The Church of St Illtyd, Llanhilleth, closed in 1957.

 
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 21-09-2016

 

For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

St IlltudSt IlltudLocal Industries: St Illtud

This work is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.

Show more subjects

Click here for other works at this site
Click here for other works connected to J. Wippell & Co. Ltd

References

John Newman, The Buildings of Wales: Gwent/Monmouthshire (London/Cardiff: 2000), p. 87.


 

Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2016.
https://stainedglass.delweddau.cymru/object/4810 (accessed 25 April 2024)


 

  St Illtud

Photo © Martin Crampin



 
Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies


Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin © 2011-2024