Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

The Nativity

  The Nativity

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

about 1958

Three-light window. Mary and the infant Christ in the central light are joined by a kneeling child angel, and another angel standing behind. Child shepherds in the side lights, one holding a lamb, and another a rabbit.


firm/studio: Shrigley & Hunt

Church of St Andrew, Colwyn Bay, Conwy
south wall of the nave

Signed 'Shrigley & Hunt' at the left-hand side.

Given to the church by Lyndon School in 1958.



 
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 24-06-2016

 

For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

The Nativity

This work is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.


Click here for other works at this site
Click here for other works connected to Shrigley & Hunt

References

A Directory of Stained Glass Windows (London: The British Society of Master Glass-Painters, 1966), p. 67.


 

Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2016.
https://stainedglass.delweddau.cymru/object/4766 (accessed 17 April 2024)



View this object on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database

 

  The Nativity

Photo © Martin Crampin



 
Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies


Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin © 2011-2024