Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

The Good Samaritan

  The Good Samaritan

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

1880

Three-light window. The Samaritan tends to the wounded man in the central light, with his donkey behind and the setting sun. The outer lights who the two other passers by. Masonic symbols above and below.


firm/studio: Clayton & Bell

Church of All Saints, Llanelli, Carmarthenshire
south wall of the south aisle

Given in memory of Revd Arthur H.P. Trewman, who died 21 August 1876, by 'his brother freemasons.' He was a curate at the church and a chaplain to the lodge. It was unveiled on 1 November 1880.


 
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 13-11-2016

 

For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

The Good Samaritan

This work is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.

Show more subjects

Click here for other works at this site
Click here for other works connected to Clayton & Bell

References

Thomas Lloyd, Julian Orbach and Robert Scourfield, The Buildings of Wales: Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion (London: Yale University Press, 2006), p. 278.


 

Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2016.
https://stainedglass.delweddau.cymru/object/4729 (accessed 13 April 2024)



View this object on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database

 

  The Good Samaritan

Photo © Martin Crampin



 
Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies


Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin © 2011-2024