Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

St John the Evangelist

  St John the Evangelist

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

about 1904

Single-light window with standing figure and an angel above.


firm/studio: Heaton, Butler & Bayne

Church of St Cadfarch, Penegoes, Powys
north wall of the nave

Angel holds the opening line from John's Gospel: 'In the beginning was the Word'.

One of three windows given in memory of John Williams (died 1904), rector of the parish for 21 years.





 
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 13-12-2011

 

For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

St John the Evangelist

Other works associated with this work

  Christ the Good Shepherd and Christ the Light of the World

This work is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.

Show more subjects

Click here for other works at this site
Click here for other works connected to Heaton, Butler & Bayne
 

Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2011.
http://stainedglass.llgc.org.uk/object/3952 (accessed 23 October 2021)



View this object on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database

 

  St John the Evangelist

Photo © Martin Crampin



 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2021 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2021