Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

St Jerome and St Ambrose

  St Jerome and St Ambrose

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

1890

Two of the four Latin Doctors of the Church.


designer: George Frederick Bodley
firm/studio: Burlison & Grylls

Church of St Margaret, Roath, Cardiff
north wall of the north transept

Given in memory of Martha Vaughan who died 10 August 1887 - the posthumous gift of her sister in accordance with her will.




 
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 13-12-2011

 

For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

St Jerome and St AmbroseSt Jerome and St Ambrose

Other works associated with this work

  St Gregory the Great and St Augustine of Hippo

This work is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.


Click here for other works at this site
Click here for other works connected to George Frederick Bodley
Click here for other works connected to Burlison & Grylls

References

John Newman, The Buildings of Wales: Glamorgan (London/Cardiff: 1995), p. 300.


 

Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2011.
http://stainedglass.llgc.org.uk/object/383 (accessed 26 May 2019)


 

  St Jerome and St Ambrose

Photo © Martin Crampin



 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2019 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2019