Click here for other works at this siteClick here for other works connected to Burlison & Grylls
St Gregory the Great and St Augustine of Hippo
1917Two-light window with standing figures of two of the four Latin Doctors of the Church, and scenes below.
firm/studio: Burlison & GryllsChurch of St Margaret, Roath, Cardiffnorth wall of the north transeptDedication: 'To the Glory of God in thanksgiving for many blessings . . . on his seventieth birthday All Saints Day 1917 by Philip Henry Coward, Churchwarden.'
The pair of lights were clearly designed by Burlison & Grylls to match the two earlier windows of Jerome and Ambrose.
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 13-12-2011
For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:
Other works associated with this work
This work is indexed under the following main subject(s):Show more subjects
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.
Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2011.
http://stainedglass.llgc.org.uk/object/382 (accessed 9 August 2020)
Photo © Martin Crampin