Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

St Francis

  St Francis

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

early 1990s

Two-light window. Standing figure of Francis in the right-hand light looking upwards at a crucifix with the figure of Christ partly covered by wings (in the upper trefoil). Birds and animals below with Francis, but also a tanker and oil refineries of Milford Haven. Roundels below of contemporary church scenes depicting the activities of a verger.



Church of St Katharine and St Peter, Milford Haven, Pembrokeshire
south wall of the south aisle

Dedication: 'In memory of Roy Devonald, verger of this church 1935 to 1977.'


 
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 19-10-2015

 

This work is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.

Show more subjects

Click here for other works at this site
 

Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2015.
https://stainedglass.delweddau.cymru/object/2381 (accessed 13 April 2024)


 

  St Francis

Photo © Martin Crampin



 
Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies


Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin © 2011-2024