Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

St Oudoceus and St Machuta

  St Oudoceus and St Machuta

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

1929

Two-light window with standing figures of the two saints


firm/studio: C.E. Kempe & Co Ltd

Church of St Oudoceus, Llandogo, Monmouthshire
south wall of the south aisle

The window uses the Latin forms of the Welsh names Euddogwy and Maches.

The Corpus of Kempe Stained Glass gives a date of 1928, although the window itself carries a date of 1929.



 
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 28-08-2020

 

This work is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.


Click here for other works at this site
Click here for other works connected to C.E. Kempe & Co Ltd

References

John Newman, The Buildings of Wales: Gwent/Monmouthshire (London/Cardiff: 2000), p. 275.

Philip Collins, The Corpus of Kempe Stained Glass in the UK and Ireland (Kempe Trust, 2000), p. 187.


 

Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2020.
https://stainedglass.delweddau.cymru/object/2193 (accessed 21 April 2024)


 

  St Oudoceus and St Machuta

Photo © Martin Crampin



 
Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies


Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin © 2011-2024