Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

St John the Baptist and Christ Preaching

  St John the Baptist and Christ Preaching

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

about 1883

Two-light window. In the left-hand light John the Baptist is shown teaching a crowd including a soldier on horseback, while the listeners of Christ include women and the sick. An angel is depicted in the upper light, with a shield bearing the IHC monogram.


firm/studio: Burlison & Grylls

Church of St Mary, Nercwys, Flintshire
east wall of the north aisle





 
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 13-12-2011

 

For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

St John the Baptist and Christ Preaching

This work is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.

Show more subjects

Click here for other works at this site
Click here for other works connected to Burlison & Grylls

References

Malcolm Seaborne, Victorian and Later Stained Glass Windows in Flintshire Churches (Mold: 1996), p. 5.


 

Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2011.
http://stainedglass.llgc.org.uk/object/2173 (accessed 27 May 2020)



View this object on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database

 

  St John the Baptist and Christ Preaching

Photo © Martin Crampin



 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2020 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2020