Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

St David and the Royal Welsh Fusiliers

  St David and the Royal Welsh Fusiliers

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

1989

Four-light window with soldiers in past and present dress of the Fusiliers, with David, and the regimental goat. The names of the battles fought by the regiment are given above.


artist: J. A. Nuttgens

Church of St Giles, Wrexham
north wall of the north aisle

Signed by the artist in the lower left-hand light and dated 1989.

Celebrating the tercentenary of the founding of the Royal Welsh Fusiliers in 1689.





 
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 21-09-2015

 

For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

St David and the Royal Welsh FusiliersSignature: St David and the Royal Welsh Fusiliers

This work is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.

Show more subjects

Click here for other works at this site
Click here for other works connected to J. A. Nuttgens

Further reading

Malcolm Seaborne, St Giles' Parish Church Stained Glass (Wrexham: 1998).


 

Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2015.
http://stainedglass.llgc.org.uk/object/2061 (accessed 15 December 2018)


 

  St David and the Royal Welsh Fusiliers

Photo © Martin Crampin



 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2018 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2018