Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

St Dorothy, St Theresa and St Agnes

  St Dorothy, St Theresa and St Agnes

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

1897

Thre-light window with three standing female figures. One holds a branch with fruit, in the centre the figure is writing with a dove on her shoulder and on the right the figure holds a lamb.


firm/studio: Morris & Co.
designer: Edward Coley Burne-Jones

Church of St Cybi, Holyhead, Anglesey
south wall of the south aisle chapel

Given in memory of Ellin Stanley (1809-1876).


 
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 11-01-2012

 

This work is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.

Show more subjects

Click here for other works at this site
Click here for other works connected to Morris & Co.
Click here for other works connected to Edward Coley Burne-Jones

Further reading

Painton Cowen, A Guide to Stained Glass in Britain (London: Michael Joseph, 1985), p. 227.

References

Richard Haslam, Julian Orbach and Adam Voelcker, The Buildings of Wales: Gwynedd (New Haven and London: Yale University Press, 2009), p. 129.


 

Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2012.
https://stainedglass.delweddau.cymru/object/1972 (accessed 25 April 2024)


 

  St Dorothy, St Theresa and St Agnes

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales



 
Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies


Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin © 2011-2024