Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

St Brynach

  St Brynach

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

1956

Standing figure of Brynach, holding a book and raising his hand in blessing. He stands before a Celtic-Christian cross, closely modelled on the eleventh-century cross from the church dedicated to Brynach at Nevern.


firm/studio: Celtic Studios

Church of St Brynach, Dinas Cross, Pembrokeshire
north wall of the nave

Cartoons were prepared by Fred Prior, and the window was painted by W. Phillips.

Given in memory of William Edwin Bennett JP. He was churchwarden of the church from 1911-1928, although the commissioning of window only began in 1955. The window was installed late in 1956.





 
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 23-05-2016

 

For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

St Brynach

This work is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.


Click here for other works at this site
Click here for other works connected to Celtic Studios

References

Maurice Broady, A Vision Fulfilled: The story of Celtic Studios and Swansea's architectural glass tradition (Swansea: West Glamorgan Archive Service, 2010), p. 109.


 

Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2016.
http://stainedglass.llgc.org.uk/object/1932 (accessed 5 August 2020)


 

  St Brynach

Photo © Martin Crampin



 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2020 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2020