Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

Agnus Dei

  Agnus Dei

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

1840

Stained glass in the tracery lights over grisaille glass below. The imagery includes the lamb holding the banner with the red cross, two angels holding the texts (in Latin) 'Glory to God in the highest' "And on earth peace' (Luke 2: 14) and the chi-rho with alpha and omega. The arms of the diocese of St Asaph and the archbishopric of Canterbury are also depicted.



Church of St Grwst, Llanrwst, Conwy
east wall of the chancel

The date is given over the image of the lamb.




 
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 13-12-2011

 

This work is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.

Show more subjects

Click here for other works at this site

Further reading

Mostyn Lewis, Stained Glass in North Wales up to 1850 (Altrincham: John Sherratt and Son Ltd, 1970), p. 73.


 

Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2011.
http://stainedglass.llgc.org.uk/object/1715 (accessed 15 December 2019)



View this object on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database

 

  Agnus Dei

Photo © Martin Crampin



 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2019 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2019