Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

The Sacred Heart of Christ with St Patrick and St Peter

  The Sacred Heart of Christ with St Patrick and St Peter

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales

larger image

about 1920

Three-light window with three standing figures.



Priory Church of St David, Swansea
baptistry (east wall of the south aisle)

Together with the main east window, this window is probably by Hardman & Co.

Given in memory of the soldiers and sailors who gave their lives during the First World War.


This chapel, now the baptistry, was formerly the Sacred Heart Chapel.



 
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 13-12-2011

 

This work is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.


Click here for other works at this site
 

Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2011.
http://stainedglass.llgc.org.uk/object/1478 (accessed 19 February 2020)



View this object on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database

 

  The Sacred Heart of Christ with St Patrick and St Peter

Photo © Martin Crampin, Imaging the Bible in Wales



 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2020 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2020