Stained Glass in Wales | Gwydr Lliw yng Nghymru

The Good Wife

  The Good Wife

Photo © Martin Crampin

larger image

1892

Three-light window.

size: 40 cm (width of each light) [approx]
firm/studio: Ward & Hughes
designer: George Measures Parlby

Church of St Mary, Ruabon, Wrexham
south wall of the south aisle

Signed Ward & Hughes, London.

Text: 'Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her' (Proverbs 31:28).

Dedication: In memory of Susan Hicks 1831 - 1891. Dedicated by her husband Henry Dennis 1825 - 1906 of New Hall, Ruabon, a Cornish mining engineer who sank new colleries, established the terracotta works, water works and gas works in the district.





 
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 13-12-2011

 

For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:

The Good WifeThe Good WifeThe Good Wife

This work is indexed under the following main subject(s):
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.

Show more subjects

Click here for other works at this site
Click here for other works connected to Ward & Hughes
Click here for other works connected to George Measures Parlby
 

Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2011.
http://stainedglass.llgc.org.uk/object/1016 (accessed 24 September 2021)



View this object on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database

 

  The Good Wife

Photo © Martin Crampin



 
National Library of Wales - project partnerUniversity of Wales, Trinity Saint David - project partnerCentre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies
Database © 2011-2021 University of Wales. Individual images are credited with individual copyright owners. All material on this website is protected by copyright law and users are reminded to respect the rights of copyright holders represented on the database.

Database and software developed by Technoleg Taliesin Cyf. © 2011-2021