St John the Baptist
detail from St Martin and St John the Baptist
Two-light window with standing figures. Scenes below depict Martin dividing his cloak for the poor man, and the Good Samaritan tending to the wounded traveller with passers-by behind.
size: 45 cm (width of each light) [approx]
firm/studio: A. K. Nicholson Stained Glass Studios
Church of St John the Baptist, Ystrad Meurig, Ceredigion
south wall of the chancel
Given in memory of six local boys who died in the First World War. The faculty was granted in September 1920, and although the designer or maker of the window is not named, the style is reminiscent of A.K. Nicholson, whose work (although later in date) is found elsewhere in the area.
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 25-08-2020
For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:
This work is indexed under the following main subject(s):Click here for other works at this siteClick here for other works connected to A. K. Nicholson Stained Glass Studios
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.
Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2020. View this object on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database
http://stainedglass.llgc.org.uk/object/3954 (accessed 26 September 2020)