The Annunciation and the Expulsion from Eden
from Scenes from the Gospels
1928Series of large two-light windows on the north and south walls of the Lady Chapel.
artist: Geoffrey WebbLlandaff Cathedral, Llandaff, Cardiffnorth wall of the Lady ChapelThe two south windows were dedicated in 1953, given by the Llandaff Diocesan Mothers' Union, completing a scheme which had been devised by the artist in 1926. The two north windows had been installed around 1928, and the east window installed in 1951. Webb also designed the stencil patterning in 1909, which was reinstated in 1988.
Record added by Martin Crampin. Last updated on 13-12-2011
For other views of this work click on the image(s) below:
Other works associated with this work
This work is indexed under the following main subject(s):Click here for other works at this siteClick here for other works connected to Geoffrey WebbFurther reading
for other works containing these subjects please click on the links.
John Newman, The Buildings of Wales: Glamorgan (London/Cardiff: 1995), p. 251.
Nevil A. James, The Stained Glass of Llandaff Cathedral (Llandaff: Llandaff Cathedral Shop Committee, 1997), pp. 8-9, 16-18.
Click to show suggested citation for this record
Martin Crampin (ed.), Stained Glass in Wales Catalogue, University of Wales Centre for Advanced Welsh and Celtic Studies, Aberystwyth, 2011. View this object on the Imaging the Bible in Wales database
http://stainedglass.llgc.org.uk/object/3494 (accessed 15 December 2019)
Photo © Martin Crampin